Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Haunted House

I haven't been this excited about fall in a long time. I think it is due to the horrible heat we had this summer, and the fact that I get to make cool fall projects! When I saw this paper mache house I just knew I couldn't wait to work on it!


After picking up this house for 40% off at Hobby Lobby, making it only $3.00. I gathered a couple of scrapbook pages, some stickers, and some orange paint. I already had everything else I needed. I first painted the house black and added a little orange.
It didn't take as long as I expected. Next I decoupaged the scrapbook paper onto the house in a couple of places. I put it up above the windows on the front, and along the bottom of the house. I also taped some white paper behind a couple of the windows.
Next I added some stickers.
Last but definitely not least I added some fake cob webs, and cut the ring part off of plastic spiders and bats and glued them on with Goop (my favorite glue).
You can also add a battery candle to it to give it that spooky look. This makes a very reasonably priced home decor item for the holiday. It would also make a cheap but adorable gift item! Happy Haunting!






No comments: